Charcoal Grill Blamed For Overnight House Fire

Greenville firefighters say a charcoal grill left on the back porch caused a home to catch fire early Sunday morning. The family escaped without injury.

Greenville Fire Captain Chris Shipman says the fire burned about a quarter of the estimated 5,000 square foot home. It happened just before 2:30 Sunday morning on Collins Crest.

Shipman says the family was sleeping when it happened. A woman told firefighters, a glow from the fire woke her up.

Shipman says it has been ruled an accident. A charcoal grill left on the back porch started it. He says it’s a common problem this time of year and reminds people to make sure they take their charcoal grills out in the yard, well away from your house.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s