The Greenville Fire Department has a fire under control at a home on Whitehall Street in Greenville.
Firefighters arrived on scene just after 7a.m. From Air 7 we could see smoke billowing out of the home.
Greenville Fire says one person was inside the home, she was able to get out of the home okay
A fire inspector says the fire started in the attic and it was caused by electrical wiring. The roof was damaged, but the entire house was not destroyed.
Around 18 firefighters were called in to help put out the flames. Most of the fire was confined to the attic.