Fire Damages Parts Of Anderson School

The Anderson Fire Department says a fire in a transformer box damaged parts of Southwood Academy of the Arts on Southwood Street Thursday morning.

The Anderson City Fire Department says they responded to a fire at a school on Southwood Street early this morning.

The fire department says they got the call just before 6 am at Southwood Academy of the Arts.

They say there was a fire in a transformer box.

Fire crews say when they arrived they found heavy black smoke and doused the box with water until Duke Energy was able to cut off the power.

The fire department says they entered the school to make sure the fire did not enter the building, but they found no damage inside.

The Anderson Fire Department says the transformer box was a couple of feet away from the back of the school and charred part of the outside of the school and some satellite dishes behind the school.

No injuries were reported and they say the cause of the fire was an electrical issue.

The school was not open Thursday.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s