Heavy rain caused issues for many people in the Upstate, Thursday morning.
There was major flooding in Spartanburg County. Doug Bryson with Emergency Management says the most impacted areas were:
- Hayne and Ethel Roads- A culvert pipe was washed out and there’s a sinkhole in that area. Bryson also says a man was swept away in his vehicle. The man managed to cling to a tree and is now in the hospital, Bryson adds.
- Howard Road (at Simuel Rd.)- Officials say this is a normal flooding spot.
- New Cut Road Railroad Underpass- Another normal flooding spot, officials say.
If you experience power outages, please refer to your respective power company’s information below:
- Duke Energy: 1-800-Power-ON
- Greer CPW: 1-864-848-5500
- Laurens Electric: 1-866-9-RESTORE
- Blue Ridge Electric: 1-800-240-3400
- Broad River Electric: 1-864-489-5738
- French Broad Electric:
- Madison: 1-828-649-2051
- Mitchell: 1-828-688-4815