ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) – Police are still searching for the suspect in the deadly road rage shooting of a 4-year-old girl. It happened Tuesday afternoon on I-40.
Officers said a Bernalillo County Sheriff’s deputy was first on scene, after they spotted a disabled vehicle and stopped to help. There, a frantic father said his 4-year-old daughter was shot during a road rage incident.
Police say 4-year-old Lilly Garcia was rushed to the hospital but she died from her injuries.
Police have released the following information on the suspect’s vehicle:
- Maroon or dark red Toyota 4-door sedan. Possibly newer model a Corolla or Camry.
- Dark tinted windows
- Gray UNM Plate with Lobo logo and may contain the numbers “200”.
Suspect is described as:
- White male with dark complexion
- Mid 20s to early 30s
- Short dark hair with possibly a fade haircut
- Thin Goatee
- Wearing a black and gold shirt with gold or yellow writing
- Thin face, soft jaw, average build
No arrests have been made at this time and Albuquerque police are requesting the public’s help. Crime Stoppers is offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to the suspect’s arrest. Mayor R.J. Berry announced Wednesday that he is offering an additional $10,000 reward for an arrest that leads to the arrest and conviction of the suspect.
Mayor Berry issued the following statement about the incident:
“The Garcia family is in the thoughts and prayers of our community and our nation. The senseless murder of four year old Lilly Garcia has broken our hearts and cut to the core of our community,” said Mayor Berry. “Make no mistake; this act of violence will not go unanswered. The Albuquerque Police Department will work tirelessly with other law enforcement agencies to bring this criminal to justice.”
What police are looking for information on:
- Road rage incident that occurred at about 3 p.m.
- Occurred on I-40 westbound starting east of Coors possibly by Rio Grande
- Involving a vehicle in the westbound lanes that cut off other cars
How you can help:
- Call 843-STOP or 242-COPS with any information you may have.
- The family has set up a GoFundMe account for funeral expenses. You can donate here»