Online shopping is a popular method of purchasing gifts during the holiday season, but some dangers exist when consumers perform transactions online. Follow these online shopping tips to make sure your information stays safe this holiday season.
- Confirm the website’s physical address and phone number.
- Know what you’re buying. Read the fine print and save the transaction records.
- Don’t give out your credit card information if you do not have to.
- Shop around for the best deal by using the manufacturer and model number.
- Be cautious with public “hot spots.”
- Pay by credit or charge card.
- Be wary of free seasonal downloads. They may contain viruses.
- Check your financial accounts regularly.