Apple is voluntarily recalling millions of power adapters that could cause electrical shock if touched. The recall affects two prong wall plug adapters which were designed for use in continental Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Korea, Argentina and Brazil.
These wall plug adapters were shipped from 2003 to 2015 with Mac and certain iOS devices, and were also included in the Apple World Travel Adapter Kit.
In a statement, Apple reported adapters may break and expose wires capable of electric shock if touched.
Customers are encouraged to exchange their adapter at a local Apple Store for a new, redesigned adapter, free of charge.
An affected wall plug adapter has 4 or 5 characters or no characters on the inside slot where it attaches to an Apple power adapter. Redesigned adapters have a 3-letter regional code in the slot (EUR, KOR, AUS, ARG or BRA). See here for more information.