Two people escaped a fire at a mobile home overnight in Cleveland in Greenville County.
Fire crews were called to the home on Ridge Drive. We’re told a woman who lived at the house was outdoors when they arrived, but a man was still inside the burning home.
Crews got the man out of the home safely, but their pet dog died in the fire.
Slater-Marietta Fire Department chief Marion Cruell tells us the cause of the fire was electrical from too many drop cords being used in the house.
Firefighters needed about 15 minutes to put the flames out.