SPARTANBURG CO., SC- The exit ramp is back open after an 18-wheeler overturned Thursday.
The incident happened shortly before 11 a.m. off a ramp to W.O. Ezell Blvd. on I-26 near exit 21 Eastbound.
The off ramp was shut down for a few hours.
A hazmat crew was called to the scene to clean up a minor diesel spill.
There have been 22 vehicle fatalities in the Upstate and Western North Carolina in 2016.
· A Hendersonville woman, 72-year-old Barbara Barkley, was a passenger in a vehicle crash in Asheville. The driver and another passenger were hurt. – Read
· Two Gaffney teens, Shemar Byers and Dominick Galosi, were killed February 5 after the vehicle they were in veered off a York County Road and crashed into a tree. – Read
· A Honea Path man, David E. Ash, was killed in a single car crash on Highway 20 near Noble Drive. Read
· A man, Iamme Pirfekt Watts, was killed in a single car crash on Howell Road in Greenville County. – Read
· A pickup truck driver, Daniel E. Epps, was killed early Monday morning in a head-on collision with an 18-wheeler on Highway 183 near Pickens. – Read
· One person, David Gibson, is dead after a crash involving a motorcycle on Main Street in Simpsonville. The other driver, Marla Jean Fuller has been charged. – Read
· An 18-wheeler went off the side of Interstate 26 Eastbound in Polk County.The driver, Tony Joseph Hurst of Chapin, died at the scene. – Read
· A passenger in a pickup truck, Joseph Ray Bryant died after a wreck with an 18-wheelwe on White Horse Road in Greenville County. – Read
· A Piedmont man, William Armstrong, Jr, was killed in a single car wreck in Powdersville. – Read
· A Seneca man, Mark Lane Sanders, was killed when he was struck by an SUV while riding his motorcycle on West Cherry Road. – Read
· One person, Andrew Vanevera, has died after a car hit a patch of ice on Highway 14 in Greer and struck a pedestrian on Highway 14. – Read
· One person died following a single car crash on Highway 9 west of Jonesville. – Read
· One person was killed and another person injured following a single car crash on Old River Road near Piedmont. – Read
· One person is dead after a motorcycle accident on Highway 290 in Spartanburg County. – Read
· One person has died after a pickup truck ran off the road and struck a tree southwest of Starr. – Read
· A woman is dead after driving off the road and into a tree on Pointsett Highway in Greenville County. – Read
· One man was killed in a crash involing a tractor trailer on Highway 8 in Greenville County. – Read
· A Greenville man, James Brenton Johnson, was killed in a single vehicle wreck on Victor Hill Road. – Read
· One person is dead after a one vehicle accident on Victor Hill Road in Greer. – Read
· A man and a woman, Jimmy Dale Price and Tousha Michelle Vinson Smith, were killed in a three-car crash on West Main Street in Union. – Read