If you’re looking for something to do this weekend, here’s what you need to know!
The Upstate Heart Walk
The American Heart Association hosts The Upstate Heart Walk on Saturday at 9 AM at 1 N. Main St. in Downtown Greenville. The walk promotes physical and heart healthy living and hopes to raise awareness for heart disease and stroke. The day begins at 8 AM with a health expo and ends with an after party at 11. Attendees are encouraged to bring healthy food options to donate to the community food bank at the Lockheed Martin food tent.
The following roads will be closed from 7 until 10:30 AM for the walk:
· Coffee Street, from Main Street to Spring Street
· Spring Street, from Coffee Street to North Street
· North Street, from Spring Street to Irvine Street
· Irvine Street, from North Street to McBee Avenue
· McBee Avenue, from Irvine Street to Falls Street
· Falls Street, from McBee Avenue to Broad Street
· Broad Street, from Falls Street to South Main Street
· South Main Street, from Broad Street to Markley Street
· Markley Street, from Main Street to Rhett Street
· Rhett Street, from Markley Street to River Street
· River Street, from Rhett Street to Reedy View Drive
· Reedy View Drive, from River Street to Westfield Street
· Gibbs Street, from Westfield Street to Mayfield Street
· Mayfield Street, from Gibbs Street to Hyde Street
· Hyde Street, from Mayfield Street to Broad Street
· Broad Street, from Westfield Street to River Street
· River Street, from Broad Street to McBee Avenue
· McBee Avenue, from Richardson Street to Main Street
· Main Street, from McBee Avenue to North Street
Greer Goes Global International Festival
Go Around the world in a day at Greer’s third annual Greer Goes Global International Festival! The festival is held at Greer City Hall and City Park on Saturday from 11 AM until 4 PM.
During this free event you can visit 23 booths representing different countries to learn about their culture. There will be 14 international sports and activities, entertainment displayed from two stages, arts and crafts for kids and more!
The American Bass Anglers Ray Scott Championship
The American Bass Anglers Ray Scott Championship is happening on Lake Hartwell. There will be a free outdoor expo at the Anderson Civic Center all weekend. It kick off Friday at noon and goes until 6. Saturday and Sunday the event last from 9 AM until 6 PM.
You can see the first ever bass-master classic boat and visit 25 different vendors. Plus, Ray Scott himself will be there on Saturday and Sunday! There will be a weight in on Saturday narrowing it down to the top 25 and the final weigh in is on Sunday at 3.