GAFFNEY, SC (WSPA)- Crews responded to a house fire on Chesnee Highway around 5 AM, Tuesday.
The fire was controlled in about 15 minutes by firefighters with Cherokee Creek, Macedonia, and Grassy Pond.
Fire crews say the fire started in a bedroom where someone was asleep.
One person was awaken by a smoke detector in the house and went into the bedroom to carry person that person out, fire crews say.
Crews say two people suffered burns to their body and was taken to the hospital, but all three occupants in the house made it out alive.
Firefighters say they cannot stress it enough that a few dollars for a smoke detector and 30 seconds to check/change the batteries could mean the difference in life or death for you family.
More stories you may like on 7News
ANDERSON Co., SC (WSPA) – The countdown is on and the Bassmaster Classic is just weeks away. This fishing tournament is often referred to as…
GREENVILLE, S.C. (WSPA) – On March 1st, a controversial ordinance will go into affect. In January, Greenville County Council passed a law th…
Officials have released detailed times and dates relating to the funeral of Rev. Billy Graham which will be Friday, March 2 at 12:00pm.
Two high school students have been charged with Disturbing School and others were suspended after threats in Oconee County.
Police in Spartanburg are investigating after a shooting on South Liberty Street.