3 people asleep during house fire make it out alive in Gaffney

GAFFNEY, SC (WSPA)- Crews responded to a house fire on Chesnee Highway around 5 AM, Tuesday.

The fire was controlled in about 15 minutes by firefighters with Cherokee Creek, Macedonia, and Grassy Pond.

Fire crews say the fire started in a bedroom where someone was asleep.

One person was awaken by a smoke detector in the house and went into the bedroom to carry person that person out, fire crews say.

Crews say two people suffered burns to their body and was taken to the hospital, but all three occupants in the house made it out alive.

Firefighters say they cannot stress it enough that a few dollars for a smoke detector and 30 seconds to check/change the batteries could mean the difference in life or death for you family.

More stories you may like on 7News

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s