NORTH CHARLESTON, SC (WCBD) – There are new developments in the case against Michael Slager. Attorneys for the former North Charleston police officer have formally requested the State’s investigation into the shooting death of Walter Scott.
Slager’s attorney, Andy Savage, is requesting information from private parties retained from the State, law enforcement agencies and even agencies like SLED.
READ MORE: Coverage of the Walter Scott Shooting
Savage says he needs specific information from the State in order to have a complete case to defend Michael Slager. The defense wants the North Charleston Police Department’s dash cam and audio from Slager’s car on the day Walter Scott was shot. They also want to know if Slager’s bullet proof vest he was wearing at the time of the shooting was returned to the Police Department before it was collected as evidence. The investigation by SLED has been requested, as well as any forensic examination of Walter Scott’s cell phone.
The 8-page document has over 20 requests from Slager’s attorneys.
Some of the highlighted requests:
- Audio and or video recordings or notes from when Slager was interviewed twice on April 7, 2015
- Forensic report from Walter Scott’s phone
- Complete copy of the in-car video from Sergeant Ronald Webb
- Interview recordings and statements from Feidin Santana (who recorded the cell phone video of the incident)
- The data from Santana’s phone
- Recordings and statement from Judy Scott (Walter Scott’s mother)
Read the full document here: Twelfth Supplemental Motion for the production, inspection and copying of documents