Teenager Rescues Brother, Grandmother From House Fire

An 18-year old Greenville man is credited with saving the life of two relatives after an early morning, fast-moving fire swept through their home.

Tyler Williams says he was asleep inside his the family house on Brunswick Avenue near Cherrydale when he heard frantic screams.

“I heard my little brother screaming and I just seen black smoke all over and my little brother fell down in the kitchen,” said Williams. “I got up, rolled off the bed went over there and grabbed him, picked him up and carried him out.”

Williams also led his grandmother, who suffered burns on her back, outside of the house. His 4- year old brother suffered burns to his legs and feet.  Both burn victims were airlifted to the Augusta Burn Center for treatment.

Williams was treated for smoke inhalation at a local hospital and later discharged.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s