Campobello, SC (WSPA)- Fire crews responded to a barn fire in Spartanburg County, Tuesday morning.
New Prospect Fire Department was called to the fire on Wilkins Road near Foster Road around 4:30 a.m.
Fire crews say the barn was fully involved when they arrived and it took about twenty minutes to put it out.
The barn was used as a storage shelter housing a boat and various other objects, fire crews say. The barn is a total loss.
No one was hurt in the fire. The property owner didn’t call 911 because they didn’t know about the fire. They told fire officials that their bedroom is on the other side of the house, about 75 yards from the barn.
The fire started near a propane tank, but the tank was probably not the cause, officials say. There was electricity to the barn, which officials will look at as the cause, but nothing has been determined yet.
We’re working to get more information.