CENTRAL, S.C. (WSPA) – Big flames destroyed a pool clubhouse at a Central apartment complex late Sunday night.
The clubhouse at Summit of Cross Creek caught on fire around 10 p.m., according to Central firefighters.
Firefighters think the fire started in a trash can in the pool utility closet in the back, right side of the clubhouse.
They do not know the cause yet, because of the extensive damage.
Neighbors tell us, the fire interrupted 4th of July firework celebrations Sunday night. Several people who lived there watched as firefighters battled the flames into the early morning hours.
“I kept hearing the pops, like the usual, then when I got the text message asking am I okay, it just stopped,” Ameila Tuorila said. “That is when I noticed it stopped and was like okay something definitely happened.”
The assistant chief says a group of people rented out the building for a few hours last night before the fire started.
The building is a total loss, but no injuries were reported.
The fire is still under investigation.
More stories you may like on 7News
The Goochland County Sheriff’s Office has concluded its investigation into the death of Bethany Stephens after a medical examiner ruled she …
The Rev. Billy Graham, who transformed American religious life through his preaching and activism, becoming a counselor to presidents and th…
Deputies are searching for two people involved in an armed robbery at Fresh 2 Def in the White Horse Flea Market.
GREENVILLE, S.C. (WSPA) – Several organizations are addressing Greenville County Council at their meeting Tuesday evening. Freedom Fighters,…
Four women were arrested after deputies say they assaulted two witnesses who were part of a homicide investigation Sunday night.