Fire destroys pool clubhouse at Summit of Cross Creek Apartments in Central

Fire at Summit of Cross Creek Apartments in Central

CENTRAL, S.C. (WSPA) – Big flames destroyed a pool clubhouse at a Central apartment complex late Sunday night.

The clubhouse at Summit of Cross Creek caught on fire around 10 p.m., according to Central firefighters.

Firefighters think the fire started in a trash can in the pool utility closet in the back, right side of the clubhouse.

They do not know the cause yet, because of the extensive damage.

Neighbors tell us, the fire interrupted 4th of July firework celebrations Sunday night. Several people who lived there watched as firefighters battled the flames into the early morning hours.

“I kept hearing the pops, like the usual, then when I got the text message asking am I okay, it just stopped,” Ameila Tuorila said. “That is when I noticed it stopped and was like okay something definitely happened.”

The assistant chief says a group of people rented out the building for a few hours last night before the fire started.

The building is a total loss, but no injuries were reported.

The fire is still under investigation.

central fire 4
FB: Donna Hitt
central fire 5
FB: Donna Hitt
central fire 6
FB: Donna Hitt

More stories you may like on 7News

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s