SPARTANBURG, SC (WSPA) – Fire departments were called to the Sleep Inn on Blackstock Road after a report of an explosion in one of the rooms.
Deputies say there was no explosion but a hotel guest had accidentally damaged a sprinkler head causing the sprinkler system in the hotel to go off.
The sprinklers did considerable water damage to the hotel and the hotel was evacuated.
The Spartanburg County Sheriff’s Office was called to assist in the investigation.
No charges will be filed due to the incident being accidental.