CLEMSON, SC (WSPA) – Clemson Athletics announced new security measures for the 2016 season, including their now clear bag policy.
Fans who bring any bag larger than 4.5 inches by 6.5 inches must now use clear bags.
The athletic department and IPTAY will give one free Clemson-branded clear tote bag per season ticket account.
Clemson will now give vouchers to any fan who needs to leave the stadium and return. Just get a voucher when you leave and present the voucher and your ticket to staff to reenter.
Reentry will be allowed until the beginning of the 4th quarter.
The Tigers’ home opener will be September 10 against Troy.
What’s allowed in the stadium:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12.” (Official Clemson Tigers logo clear plastic tote bags are available at local retail stores), or
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand (no larger than 4.5” x 6.5”), with or without a handle or strap can be taken into the stadium.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection.
- All season ticket holders will receive one approved clear plastic tote per account.
- Fans will still be able to continue their normal tailgating activity on campus.
- Patrons will still be able to carry other items into the stadium such as binoculars, cameras, and smart phones, but their cases will NOT be allowed.
- Stadium cushions and seatbacks are still permitted. Seatbacks and cushions with arms or any pockets will not be permitted.
- Working media will continue to enter the stadium through Gate 16 where they will be subject to screening and bag inspections in the same manner as past seasons.
What isn’t allowed in the stadium:
- Artificial noisemakers
- Non-clear bags or purses
- Banners/flags/flag poles
- Outside food or beverage
- Weapons of any kind
- Any bag larger than the permissible size