COLUMBUS (WCMH) — A New Carlisle, Ohio man is recovering after accidentally shooting himself during a dentist’s appointment.
72-year-old James White was under nitrous oxide at New Carlisle Dental Group when he thought he heard his phone ring, went to grab it, but accidentally grabbed his pistol and fired the weapon, sending a bullet through his hand and grazing his stomach.
No one else was injured in the incident.
“If you’re going to be put under nitrous, then you think twice about taking your gun into the dental office,” said a neighbor who lives near the dentist office.
White has his concealed carry permit and the dentist’s office has no signs asking carriers not to bring firearms into the facility.
“Going into a doctor’s office where you might be placed under some kind of medication, you might not want to carry a weapon in there,” said Sgt. Christina Evans-Fisher of the Clark County Sheriff’s Office. “Think of your safety and the safety of those around you.”
More stories you may like on 7News
If you have a winter coat in the back of your closet go ahead and dust it off and put it to good use.
As the temperature drops, more and more people will be pulling out space heaters to help stay warm. Fire officials have some reminders so yo…
The city of Greenville is putting new temporary measures place to reduce traffic flow along Woodruff Road.
The Asheville Police Department reports that one man died after a single-vehicle crash early Saturday morning.
The Palmetto Boat Center High School Tourney Trail will help middle and high school students learn about fishing and the outdoors