Crews battle fire at Spartanburg restaurant

SPARTANBURG, S.C. (WSPA) — Crews with several fire departments responded to a fire at a Spartanburg restaurant.

Shortly after noon, Spartanburg firefighters arrived on scene to Jin Jin buffet at 101 Dorman Centre Drive.

Firefighters arrived to find fire on the roof of the building. They say it appeared to be in the ventilation system in the kitchen area.

Most of the fire was contained to the roof. Moe’s Southwest Grill next door was evacuated as a precaution.

Firefighters say there is moderate damage to Jin Jin, while there was no damage to Moe’s and that business later reopened.

No one was reportedly hurt.

Crews with the city of Spartanburg, Westview, North Spartanburg, Una and Hilltop responded to the fire.

spartanburg-business-fire-1 spartanburg-business-fire-2 spartanburg-business-fire-3

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s