Doug Bryson with Spartanburg Emergency Management says a contractor accidentally cut a gas line in Boiling Springs.
Piedmont Natural Gas has shut off the leak and are repairing the damage.
It happened in the middle of a large neighbor called Sterling Estates.
The fire department says they sent out a notification call through the CODE RED system to tell residents about the situation and sent our an all clear.
More stories you may like on 7News
Are you looking for something to do this weekend?
It’s week 6 of high school football season and our 7 News High School Red Zone.
A Baltimore Elementary school has decided to ditch detention to a new method, meditation.
Around a hundred people came together Thursday evening for a prayer vigil for Jacob Hall.
As more stories continue to come out about the heroism of teachers and first responders, we also are hearing from the littlest voices.