ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — The mother of a 10-year-old girl found dead and dismembered in her New Mexico home told police that she sought men online to sexually assault her daughter.
The Albuquerque Journal reports that Michelle Martens told police she had set up encounters with at least three men. The child’s brutal death sparked vigils and outcry across New Mexico.
According to warrants obtained by the Journal, Martens told investigators she didn’t do it for the money. Martens said she set up the sexual assaults because she enjoyed watching.
Police found Victoria Martens’ dismembered body last month inside the Albuquerque apartment she shared with her mother.
Police say the girl was injected with methamphetamine, sexually assaulted, strangled and stabbed before being dismembered.
Michelle Martens, the mother’s boyfriend, and the boyfriend’s cousin face charges.
Mark Earnest, Martens’ attorney, did not immediately return a phone message from The Associated Press.
More stories you may like on 7News
The ACC is moving its 2016 football championship to Orlando’s Camping World Stadium.
Winthrop University recently surveyed 694 South Carolina residents by phone from September 18-26 to ask participates about who they would li…
Townville Elementary released a statement after a shooting incident happened at the school, Wednesday.
A 14-year-old is accused of killing his dad before shooting 3 people at Townville Elementary School.
A tractor-trailer has overturned on Interstate 85 near the exit for Woodruff Road, Thursday morning.