UPS driver delivers package, finds house on fire in Gaffney

house fire in Gaffney
Credit: Gaffney Ledger

GAFFNEY, S.C. (WSPA) – A UPS driver was delivering a package Wednesday when he realized a house was on fire, according to Gaffney City Fire Marshall Billy Bishop.

The driver was delivering to a home on River Drive at around 2:30 p.m. when he smelled something burning, according to Bishop.

The driver walked around to the back of the house and that’s when he saw the fire.

Bishop said that the home was at the end of a cul de sac, and the family was not home during the time of the fire.

There were 4 pets inside the home, and only 3 made it out safely.

Firefighters say the fire started on a counter top in the kitchen, and was possibly sparked by an electrical issue with an appliance.

The home is a total loss due to heat, smoke, and water damage, according to Bishop.

Gaffney City Fire Department and Blacksburg Fire Department responded.

house fire in Gaffney
Credit: Gaffney Ledger
house fire in Gaffney
Credit: Gaffney Ledger

Facebook is changing find out how to get 7News in your newsfeed

More stories you may like on 7News

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s