HAYWOOD CO., NC (WSPA) – Several schools in Haywood Co. were on lockdown after a threatening phone call around Noon on Thursday, according to the school district.
The school are now dismissed on regular schedule.
They say the call came to local law enforcement and the caller made threatening comments about Canton Middle School.
They say law enforcement immediately notified Haywood County Schools and a decision was made to lock down the following schools:
Canton Middle School
Pisgah High School
Meadowbrook Elementary School
Bethel Middle School
Bethel Elementary School
North Canton Elementary School.
The call is still under investigation and schools will resume tomorrow on regular schedule.
We will update this story as more information becomes available.
More stories you may like on 7News
The mannequin that was stolen from a Pleasanton boutique clothing store last week was returned, the store owner says.
Fiat Chrysler says a water pump bearing can overheat under certain conditions, potentially leading to an engine fire.
In South Carolina, 1000 people are on the waiting list for a life-saving transplant. 900 of those are in need of a kidney.
POWDERSVILLE, SC (WSPA) – Hood Road in Powdersville is described as a traffic nightmare by the thousands who use it. But now, Anderson Distr…
A woman’s complaint that a decoration piece featuring raw cotton was racially insensitive, has gone viral.