COLUMBIA, SC (WSPA) – SC Gov. Nikki Haley gave and update about the aftermath of Hurricane Matthew on Thursday.
· There is a 4th fatality: 1 Richland, 2 Florence, 1 in Dillon.
· NC has now reported 22 deaths.
· Down to 75,000 power outages from the peak of 861,000 (mostly in Florence).
· All Beaufort Islands are open to traffic: Hunting, Fripp and Harbor.
· All interstates open, All coastal bridges open.
· 11 shelters still open in PeeDee and Beaufort.
· 17 boil water advisories remain in effect.
· Dam inspections continue; 17 emergency orders in place for dams.
· FEMA assessing 25 counties; 13 counties have declarations for assistance.
· Dept. of Insurance is setting up disaster claims emergency assistance centers.
· Biggest concern with Little Pee Dee River in Nichols and Wacamaw River System.
· 250 law enforcement along with hundreds of National Guard on the ground on the coast to assist and prevent looters from getting into homes.
She says if you joyriding or boating in the area, please stop. Boat wakes are causing additional damage to already flooding homes.
Crisis hotline (assistance with cleanup, debris) 1-800-451-1954
Flood, clothing, shelter (call 211)
If you want to donate money: http://www.Onescfund.org
If you want to donate goods: http://www.volunteersc.org