GREENVILLE, S.C. (WSPA) – Lowes Foods has announced that they will be opening a third store in Greenville County.
The store will be located on the southwest quadrant of Pelham and Boiling Springs Road.
It will open in the spring of 2018.
Lowes Foods is a Carolinas-based grocer.
They opened their first Greenville market store in Greer in September.
They are currently working on a second store in Simpsonville in the Village Market-East shopping center on the northwest corner of Woodruff Road and Sunnydale Drive in the Five Forks area.
“The Greenville market is an important part of our company’s overall strategy to remodel existing stores and build new ones. In addition to the Greenville market, we also have two stores under construction in Lexington just outside of Columbia,” Lowes Foods president Tim Lowe said. “We have been thrilled with the incredible welcome we have experienced since the opening of our Greer store just a month ago and are very excited to extend Lowes Foods’ unique grocery shopping experience to our neighbors in the Pelham Road area.”
Lowes Foods is a family-owned company that focuses on supporting local while providing exceptional service and attention to guests. They offer produce from more than 200 Carolina-based farmers, and feature uniquely local products throughout the store.
Lowes Foods says the new Pelham Road store will feature a wide assortment of organics, premium aged beef, chef-inspired prepared foods, bulk foods, and the convenience of the Lowes Foods-To-Go online personal shopping service.
There will also be many unique areas within the store known as Lowes Foods Originals, including:
- The Beer Den. Offering the finest selection of crafts and drafts that is fantastically varied, local and refreshing. There are seasonal offerings of unique beers, special events, tap takeovers, and Growler fills on-site.
- SausageWorks. If Willy Wonka had made sausage instead of chocolate, his famous factory would have been SausageWorks at Lowes Foods. SausageWorks features locally made pork, beef and poultry sausages in an unbelievable number of flavors, from the familiar crowd-pleasers to the “are they insane?” combinations.
- The Chicken Kitchen. Includes a variety of prepared chicken that is fresh and never frozen, locally sourced, and is raised with “no antibiotics ever”. When hot chicken comes out of the rotisserie oven, the animated chicken chandelier signals the start of Lowes Foods’ special chicken celebration, including a unique version of the Chicken Dance.
- Pick & Prep. Offering shoppers help by cutting prep time in the kitchen so they can enjoy a little more quality time at the table. Pick & Prep chefs cut, slice, dice, mince and cube your fruits and vegetables the way you prefer, while you shop. Pick & Prep also offers an array of packaged, grab-&-go fruits and veggies that are cut fresh throughout the day.
- The Community Table. A place where shoppers can gather to sample, enjoy and learn how to prepare local foods. Constructed of reclaimed wood from local barns, it also serves as the site for events such as recipe sampling, crafts for children, gluten free eating tips and couponing classes.
- The Cakery. A whimsical bakery where being square is incredibly cool. The Cakery features “Scrumptiouslyumptiously” delicious square cakes in all sizes that are assembled before eyes, topped with icing made fresh in-store with real cream and real butter icing made fresh in-store.
- Sammy’s. A menu including signature sandwiches that feature ingredients from the Lowes Foods Originals such as SausageWorks, Chicken Kitchen, and Smokehouse. There are also create-your-own sandwiches, pizzas, and paninis that can be heated and ready to eat in just 90 seconds.
More stories you may like on 7News
Officers took on the Carolinas’ only wheelchair softball team to raise money for and empower people with disabilities.
Police have arrested a man who robbed a Simpsonville bank after handing a note to one of the tellers stating that he was armed
The Boiling Springs Fire Department is holding a car seat safety check Saturday for parents who want to make sure their children have the sa…
A man has been charged after another man accidentally shot himself in the head at the QT gas station on Grove Road, according to the Greenvi…
Ally McCaslin was crowned Miss South Carolina Teen 2017 Friday evening at Township Auditorium in Columbia.