(WFLA) – A Japanese hospital says a patient suffered serious burns during surgery because of a fart.
The Asahi Shimbun, a Japanese newspaper, reports the patient farted during surgery, causing the fire.
The incident occurred April 15 at the Tokyo Medical University Hospital in Shinjuku, according to The Asahi Shimbun.
The patient, a woman in her 30s, was having a laser applied to her cervix during the surgery, the paper reports.
Hospital staff released a report on Friday saying it appears the woman passed gas, leading the laser to become ignited.
The woman suffered serious burns to much of her body.
More stories you may like on 7News
Greenville Co. Schools say Mauldin High School say they were on partial lockdown as a precaution on the advice of Mauldin Police.
There has been an officer involved shooting at the Midlands Walmart in Columbia, according to a report from WLTX.
A NC prosecutor says an Army veteran and her boyfriend, who’s also a soldier, can be heard laughing as they filmed themselves fatally shooti…
U.S. regulators are warning consumers to avoid 65 bogus products hawked on the internet with false claims that they can cure, treat or preve…
Marion County Sheriff Ronnie Burnett said Monday the victim is a 3-year-old boy whose grandmother filled the allegation.