GATLINBURG, Tenn. (WATE) — The city of Gatlinburg and the nearby communities of Tellico Plains, Vonore and Pigeon Forge are being evacuated due to wildfires. Nobody is allowed into the city at this time.
- Downtown Gatlinburg
- Areas along the Spur
- Pigeon Forge between traffic light 8 and the Spur
- Great Smoky Mountain National Park
- Mynatt Park, Savage Gardens, East Foothills Road, Turkey Nest Road, Davenport and Ski Mountain communities
- Parts of Vonore and Tellico Plains
- Dollywood DreamMore Resort, Dollywood Smoky Mountain Cabins
Three county school buses are available in Pigeon Forge for emergency transport and are being dispatched as needed to transport those who need to evacuate.
Gatlinburg residences are encouraged to evacuate using Highway 321 to evacuate. Gatlinburg residents needing assistance with transportation can call the Gatlinburg Fire Department at 865-436-5181.
- LeConte Center at Pigeon Forge
- Pigeon Forge Community Center
- Liberty Baptist Church in Wears Valley
- Iglesia Cristiana La Luz De Jesus
- The First Red Bank Baptist Church in Sevierville
- River Plantation RV Resort and Anchor Down RV Resort
- Trinity Baptist Church, 1995 Hartford Rd, Cosby
- Gatlinburg Community Center
- Rocky Top Sports World
- Kodak event center
- Livestock: Douglas Lakeview Stables, 1650 Providence Rd in Sevierville. Contact Kristi at 864-671-8439. Barker Lounge (open for dogs)
- Sevier County Schools
- Cocke County Schools
- Greene County Schools
More stories you may like on 7News
South Carolina Highway Patrol is investigating a fatal crash on Hidden Valley Road in Pickens County.
Curious when you’ll be able to see this year’s total solar eclipse and how long it’ll last?
An Upstate family who suffered an unthinkable loss is putting their grief to a good use.
Greenville Co. Dispatch says a water rescue involving a vehicle was called out to Saluda River around 5:42 p.m.
Officers in Union are looking for a missing man who was last seen on June 16.