YOUR CAROLINA WATCH AND WIN GAME
1. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. The Your Carolina Watch & Win Game (the “Game”) is sponsored by Media General Communications Holdings LLC d/b/a WSPA-TV (“Sponsor”). The geographic scope of this promotion is South Carolina, North Carolina, and Georgia.
3. Game is subject to all federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited by law. By entering, participants agree to these Official Rules. Limit one (1) entry per person, per household, per day. Limit one (1) Daily Prize per person.
4. Game begins on December 2, 2016 at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”), and ends on December 19, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. ET (“Promotion Period”). Entry periods, deadlines, and drawing dates are set out in the Prize Chart at the end of these Official Rules. Pease see below.
5. All participants must be eighteen (18) years old and legal residents of South Carolina, North Carolina, or Georgia at the time of entry.
6. Employees of Sponsor and of its affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, suppliers, franchisees, advertisers, promoters, and agents of any of these, any prize suppliers for this Game, and the immediate families (defined as spouse, parents, siblings or children) of the employees of any of these, are not eligible to enter or win.
7. Prizes (12): A total of nine (12) Daily Prizes will be made available during this Game. Daily Prizes vary and may consist of cash, gift certificates, merchandise, travel, event tickets, or other items as determined by Sponsor in its discretion. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Daily Prizes ranges from $45 to $500, depending on the particular Daily Prize. For a complete list of the Daily Prizes, including prize descriptions and ARVs, please refer to the Prize Chart below.
8. The odds of winning any Daily Prize depend on the number of correct and timely entries received for that Daily Prize drawing.
GENERAL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS
9. All details of all prizes shall be at Sponsor‘s sole discretion. Winner assumes sole responsibility for all costs associated with the prizes not explicitly outlined above, including without limitation, all hotel accommodations not expressly included above, all federal, state and local taxes (if any), fees, delivery, installation, surcharges on a prize, meals, beverages, tips, gratuities, sightseeing, souvenirs, ground or air transportation, parking, and incidentals. Hotel or resort may require a credit card or cash deposit to cover incidentals. Hotel accommodations are subject to availability and black-out dates may apply. Guests of winners must be at least 21 years of age and may be required to execute and return travel/liability releases and (where legal) publicity release prior to issuance of travel documents. Winners and their guests will be required to travel on same itinerary. Winners of trip prizes who are under the age of 21 must be accompanied by at least one person age 21 or older. Gift Card prizes may be subject to additional restrictions imposed by issuing company.
10. Prizes may not be transferred or substituted except that Sponsor in its discretion may substitute a prize, or portion thereof, with a prize or portion of equal or greater value if it deems necessary. Any such changes will be announced.
11. Any portion of any prize not accepted or claimed by any winner by any deadlines announced by Sponsor will be forfeit and no substitute will be offered or permitted. All prizes being offered are provided “as is” with no warranty or guarantee either express or implied by Sponsor. Merchandise prizes carry no warranty other than that offered by manufacturers. Sponsor has neither made nor is responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Winners acknowledge that the ARV of the Daily Prizes may fluctuate on a daily basis depending on market factors that are beyond Sponsor’s control. In the event that the value of their Daily Prize decreases in value prior to or after acceptance by winners, winners agree that they will not be entitled to compensation of any kind for the difference in value. Other restrictions apply.
12. There are two (2) steps to entering the game:
13. STEP ONE: WATCH YOUR CAROLINA: Watch Your Carolina on WSPA-TV, Monday – Friday, at 10:00 a.m. on WSPA during the Promotion Period. Each day during Your Carolina, the Host will announce the Daily Prize (s) during that day’s programming of Your Carolina.
14. STEP TWO: SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY: After the Host announces the daily prize, you must submit your entry in accordance with the deadlines listed below in the Prize Chart (generally until 11:59 p.m. ET on the same day). You are limited to one (1) entry per person, per household, per day during the Promotional Period. To submit your entry, visit http://www.yourcarolina.tv, complete and official entry form and enter your information. Your entry will be entered into the drawing for that Daily Prize.
15. Entries must include a valid e-mail address for the entrant. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person 18 years of age or older who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Uses of automated devices are not valid for entry.
16. To be eligible for any particular Daily Prize, all entries must include the correct information and must be received by Sponsor no later than 11:59 p.m. ET on the day that the keyword is announced. Entrants who fail to provide any of the information required above or who fail to correctly submit that day’s keyword will not be eligible to win and will not be notified by Sponsor. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
DAILY PRIZE DRAWINGS
17. Daily Prize Drawings will be conducted in accordance with the Prize Chart below or within a reasonable time thereafter. For each Daily Prize Drawing, Sponsor or its designee will randomly select one (1) name from all timely and correct entries received for that Daily Prize Drawing. Subject to verification of eligibility, the person whose name is so drawn will be declared the Daily Prize Winner for that day’s drawing.
18. The odds of winning a Daily Prize depend on the number of correct and timely entries received for that Daily Prize Drawing.
19. Sponsor will contact all potential winners via e-mail in accordance with the information supplied to Sponsor on their Entries. Winners may be verified by telephone and may be asked to provide Sponsor with valid identification and execute an affidavit of eligibility and, where legal, a publicity release. Acceptable identification includes a valid driver’s license or other valid picture ID showing name and address. Faxes will not be accepted. The winners may also be required to sign other legal documents, including tax forms and a release supplied by Sponsor which, among other disclaimers, releases Sponsor and a range of subsidiaries, directors, agents, agencies, affiliates, franchisees, promoters, officers, directors, employees and related persons from any and all liability related to the Game and the receipt and use of the prize. Upon verification of eligibility, the names of winners may be posted on the Sponsor’s website at http://www.yourcarolina.tv.
20. In the event that any potential winner (a) cannot be contacted directly by Sponsor within two (2) days from initial attempted notification, (b) fails to satisfy any eligibility or verification requirement herein, (c) declines to accept the prize, (d) or is otherwise determined to be ineligible, Sponsor may in its discretion disqualify that individual and an alternate winner will be chosen by random drawing from the correct entries to be held as soon as reasonably practicable after initial winner is determined to be ineligible. Alternate winners are subject to all eligibility requirements and restrictions of these Official Rules.
21. By accepting a prize, winners agree to award Sponsor the right to publicize their names, photographs (including the use and appearance of winner’s photograph on Sponsor’s web page), likenesses, biographical information, e-mail address, voices and details of winning for purposes of this and future promotions without further compensation, except where prohibited.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY/DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
22. Entrants agree that Media General, Inc., Media General Communications Holdings LLC d/b/a WYCW, the prize suppliers for this Game, and a range of subsidiaries, directors, agents, agencies, affiliates, franchisees, promoters, officers, directors, employees and related persons (hereinafter (“Released Parties”) (a) are not responsible for lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, or for any failed telephone or computer hardware or software, or for any failed, delayed, misdirected, corrupted, or garbled transmissions or errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic, or for entries that for any reason are not received by Sponsor by the deadlines stated above; (b) are not responsible for any injury or damage to any computer, modem or other electrical device as a result of participation in the Game or downloading of any software or materials; (c) are released from any and all liability related to the Game and the receipt and use of the prize; and (d) will not be responsible for the inability to select potential daily winners because of postal failure, equipment failure, or data storage failure.
23. All federal, state and local laws apply. Sponsor shall be entitled to interpret these rules as needed — including but not limited to rules regarding entries, selection of winners, deadlines, restrictions on prizes, and eligibility — and all of its decisions are final. By entering, participants agree to these Official Rules.
24. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or suspend the Game or any part of the Game should any non-authorized intervention, network failure, information storage failure, telecommunications failure, malfunction, or other causes beyond its control, corrupt or impair the security, administration, fairness and/or operation of the Game as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, at which event, no prizes will be awarded.
25. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Game if, at its sole discretion, Sponsor finds such entrant to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Game, or if such entrant repeatedly shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner Sponsor determines to be not fair or equitable; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Any person attempting to defraud or tamper with the Game in any way will be ineligible for prizes and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Any failure by the Sponsor to enforce any of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such Rules.
26. Sponsor reserves the right to correct typographical or clerical errors in any game-related materials. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
27. By entering the Game, entrants agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Game, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Game but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
28. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Game, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of South Carolina without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of South Carolina. Any legal proceedings arising out of the Game or relating to these rules shall be instituted only in the federal or state courts located in the Spartanburg County, South Carolina and the parties consent to jurisdiction therein with respect to any legal proceedings or disputes of whatever nature arising under or relating to these rules. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
WINNERS’ LIST/OFFICIAL RULES COPY
29. For a list of winners or a copy of the Official Rules, stop by WSPA / WYCW during normal business hours, visit http://www.yourcarolina.tv or mail a self-addressed stamped envelope (“SASE”) to: Your Carolina Watch & Win Game, 250 International Drive, Spartanburg, SC 29303, specifying “Winners’ List” or “Official Rules Request.” Final Winners’ List will be available after February 20, 2017.
YOUR CAROLINA WATCH & WIN
(All Times Below Are Eastern Time;
Entries begin at 10:00 a.m. and end at 11:59 p.m.)
12/02/16 12/04/16 12/05/16 Belk Handbag – Brahmin
Color is Pearl/Dogwood
12/05/16 12/05/16 12/06/16 WILSON’S ON WASHINGTON – Gift Basket $500
12/06/16 12/06/16 12/07/16 $
12/07/16 12/07/16 12/08/16 BACK TO 30
1 clear and brilliant treatment (face, neck, chest) along with a Lytera $580
12/08/16 12/08/16 12/09/16
12/09/16 12/09/16 12/12/16 BEIJA FLOR –
12/12/16 12/12/16 12/13/16 MARIANI’S
Gift Card $100
12/13/16 12/13/16 12/14/16 $
12/14/16 12/14/16 12/15/16 INGLE’S
Gift Card $200
12/15/16 12/15/16 12/16/16 Custom Fandoms
Gift Certificate $100
12/16/16 12/16/16 12/19/16 Big Air
Gift Certificate #350
12/19/16 12/19/16 12/20/16