Copper River Grill reopening soon after Thursday morning fire

Crews responded Thursday morning to a fire at Cooper River Grill. (Courtesy: Boiling Springs Fire Dept. Facebook page)

BOILING SPRINGS, S.C. (WSPA) — Crews responded early Thursday morning to a fire at a popular Spartanburg County restaurant.

Boiling Springs Fire Department says they received a fire alarm at 12:30 a.m. Thursday at Copper River Grill.

Chief Scott Miller says a fire started near a cooking appliance in the kitchen. As of 9:15 a.m., it wasn’t known exactly how the fire started. Chief Miller says it appears the fire was caused by an electrical or equipment malfunction.

No one was hurt.

Firefighters say the restaurant has minimal damage and is expected to open in less than 24 hours.

Restaurant owner Dan Angell said they plan to reopen between 4 and 5 p.m. Thursday.

Crews with Mountain View, Cherokee Springs, and North Spartanburg fire departments also responded.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s