HENDERSON Co., N.C. (WSPA) — Lightning may have sparked a fire that destroyed a home in Flat Rock.
Henderson County Fire Marshal Kevin Waldrup said about 10 fire departments responded to the blazeon Poplar Loop Drive in Kenmure.
An elderly woman and caregiver were in the house when it caught fire. Waldrup said both were taken by ambulance to a hospital as a precaution and are expected to be okay.
Firefighters responded at 5:55 a.m. Friday. Early this afternoon, they were still on scene putting out hot spots where the 3,000-square-foot home once stood.
The fire marshal says lightning caused the fire.