(WSPA) – The South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles is holding a Driver Suspension Eligibility Week which allows drivers with suspended licenses a chance to possibly reduce or clear the remaining time of their suspension.
The eligibility week will be held from March 13 to March 17.
Drivers with some types of suspensions are eligible for the program:
- Excessive points for someone under the age of 18
- Operating an unlicensed taxi
- Operating an uninsured vehicle that they did not own
- Operating or allowing someone else to operate an uninsured vehicle
- Driving under suspension, excluding alcohol or drug related convictions
“This is a great opportunity for drivers to get back on the road,” said Executive Director Kevin Shwedo.
The DMV says drivers should make sure they have all required documents when visiting the DMW to clear their suspension.
They recommend visiting either on Monday or Tuesday.
The say qualified drivers must meet all conditions of their suspension and all fees must be paid.
Some suspended drivers may need a Certificate of Insurance (SR-22) from their insurance company.
For hours and locations, visit www.SCDMVonline.com or call 803-896-5000.