SPARTANBURG, S.C. (WSPA) – Three people have been displaced after their house on East Main Street caught fire, according to the Spartanburg Fire Department.
The fire happened at about 5:15 a.m. Saturday.
According to officials, the fire started in a dining room and is believed to have started from a light fixture.
Damage extended throughout the house, but most of the damage was done in the dining and living room areas.
The house is considered unsafe and the three have been referred to the Red Cross for assistance, officials say.
There were no reported injuries, but the occupants barely escaped the home and had minor smoke inhalation, according to officials.
They say one occupant had singed hair as they had to run past the fire to escape.
The home did not have working smoke alarms, according to the fire department.
More stories you may like on 7News
A northeast Oklahoma couple has been arrested following a Snapchat image of a baby in a laundry bag that was hanging from a door handle.
The growth in Spartanburg is expanding all across the county, from businesses, to homes, and even schools.
A viral video of a young boy from Tennessee shows the heartbreaking reality of bullying. The hashtag “Stand with Keaton” is getting national…
A Greenville woman is facing homelessness at the holidays because her apartment wouldn’t fix a leak in her ceiling.
Deputies are searching for a man they say robbed the Wells Fargo bank on Grove Road Monday afternoon in Greenville County.