BOILING SPRINGS, SC (WSPA) – A Rainbow Lake Middle School student has died almost two months after a fire at her home on Abernathy Road.
Abby Sampson was one of four people hurt in an early morning house fire in Boiling Springs on January 29.
Sampson, along with her father and two siblings, were inside the house during the fire. Sampson was flown to the JMS Burn Center in Augusta, GA.
Spartanburg School District Two released a statement following her death:
The entire Spartanburg Two family was saddened to learn of Abby’s passing. Rainbow Lake Middle Assistant Principal Trent Hardee called Abby an “amazing person.”
“She worked incredibly hard academically, and she took pride in earning good grades,” Hardee said. “She had a beautiful smile and she loved her peers. She was truly a wonderful young lady.”
We will have counselors on hand at Rainbow Lake Middle School tomorrow to support our students in any way they need.
Abby’s father and two brothers, Stephen Sampson Sr., Stephen Sampson Jr., and Phillip Sampson were all released from the hospital in the days following the fire.
More stories you may like on 7News
A man is in the hospital after his brother accidentally shot him, according to the Cherokee County Sheriff’s Office.
The Oconee County Sheriff’s Office has detained a person of interest after a woman had her throat slashed Sunday morning.
Mel Tillis, the longtime country star who wrote hits for Kenny Rogers, Ricky Skaggs and many others, and overcame a stutter to sing on dozen…
If you have a winter coat in the back of your closet go ahead and dust it off and put it to good use.
As the temperature drops, more and more people will be pulling out space heaters to help stay warm. Fire officials have some reminders so yo…