LAURENS CO., S.C. (WSPA) – Shots were fired at a home on Tifton Court and one person is dead after deputies attempted to serve a warrant, according to the Laurens County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies say they were attempting to serve a warrant on a suspect they believe was involved in a double shooting Saturday at a block party.
Two men were fatally shot at the party on Winetta Street.
The victims were identified as 26-year-old Roydrecilous Irby and 43-year-old Sidney Speaks.
Deputies had gone to the Tifton Court home to charge Johnny Lee Pyles, 25, of Laurens with murder.
According to the S.C. Law Enforcement Division, deputies found the man they thought was a suspect with what appeared to be a gunshot wound.
The deputy coroner said he died on the way to the hospital.
More people have been arrested in connection to the block party shooting.
· Alexius Long is charged with Breach of peace of a high and aggravated nature.
· Alexus Coleman is charged with Breach of peace of a high and aggravated nature.
· Steven Redd is charged with Assault and battery. Bond set at $35,000.
· Sterling Orlando Workman, 27, is charged with Obstructing Justice and Breach of Peace, Aggravated In Nature.
· Michael Dewayne Watts, 32, is charged with Assault and Battery 1st Degree. Bond set at $35,000.
More stories you may like on 7News
Greenville County dispatch released recordings of frantic 911 callers who witnessed a violent domestic dispute earlier this month.
A murder/suicide case involving a woman killed in a car at a Greenville parking garage, a mother and her two children, has been closed by in…
Newly released 911 calls are revealing the moments before and after a shooting that left four people dead in Greenville and Pickens County.
Three Square Market (32M) will offer the chips to its employees on a volunteer basis, according to a news release.
State veterinary officials are urging South Carolina horse owners to vaccinate their animals following the discovery of the first South Caro…