LAURENS CO., S.C. (WSPA) – Shots were fired at a home on Tifton Court and one person is dead after deputies attempted to serve a warrant, according to the Laurens County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies say they were attempting to serve a warrant on a suspect they believe was involved in a double shooting Saturday at a block party.
Two men were fatally shot at the party on Winetta Street.
The victims were identified as 26-year-old Roydrecilous Irby and 43-year-old Sidney Speaks.
Deputies had gone to the Tifton Court home to charge Johnny Lee Pyles, 25, of Laurens with murder.
According to the S.C. Law Enforcement Division, deputies found the man they thought was a suspect with what appeared to be a gunshot wound.
The deputy coroner said he died on the way to the hospital.
More people have been arrested in connection to the block party shooting.
· Alexius Long is charged with Breach of peace of a high and aggravated nature.
· Alexus Coleman is charged with Breach of peace of a high and aggravated nature.
· Steven Redd is charged with Assault and battery. Bond set at $35,000.
· Sterling Orlando Workman, 27, is charged with Obstructing Justice and Breach of Peace, Aggravated In Nature.
· Michael Dewayne Watts, 32, is charged with Assault and Battery 1st Degree. Bond set at $35,000.
More stories you may like on 7News
A former Clemson baseball player has died five days after he was involved in an ATV accident, according to the Anderson County Coroner’s Off…
Many women and some men are coming forward to support the movement which encourages people to talk about sexual harassment and abuse.
GREENVILLE CO., S.C. (WSPA) – A woman claiming that Greenville County Sheriff Will Lewis sexually harassed and assaulted her while she was e…
A Clemson University sophomore found a unique way to save while living off campus.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge say their third child will be due in April.