LAURENS CO., S.C. (WSPA) – Shots were fired at a home on Tifton Court and one person is dead after deputies attempted to serve a warrant, according to the Laurens County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies say they were attempting to serve a warrant on a suspect they believe was involved in a double shooting Saturday at a block party.
Two men were fatally shot at the party on Winetta Street.
The victims were identified as 26-year-old Roydrecilous Irby and 43-year-old Sidney Speaks.
Deputies had gone to the Tifton Court home to charge Johnny Lee Pyles, 25, of Laurens with murder.
According to the S.C. Law Enforcement Division, deputies found the man they thought was a suspect with what appeared to be a gunshot wound.
The deputy coroner said he died on the way to the hospital.
More people have been arrested in connection to the block party shooting.
· Alexius Long is charged with Breach of peace of a high and aggravated nature.
· Alexus Coleman is charged with Breach of peace of a high and aggravated nature.
· Steven Redd is charged with Assault and battery. Bond set at $35,000.
· Sterling Orlando Workman, 27, is charged with Obstructing Justice and Breach of Peace, Aggravated In Nature.
· Michael Dewayne Watts, 32, is charged with Assault and Battery 1st Degree. Bond set at $35,000.
More stories you may like on 7News
Several racist flyers were found in several buildings at the University of South Carolina in Columbia, according to the school.
The mountains could see snowflakes by 7 p.m. Tuesday, while the Upstate could see snow starting around midnight.
A Pacolet man has died a week after a crash on US-176 in Spartanburg County.
A U.S. Army dog that attacked a machine-gun nest during World War II has been posthumously awarded Britain’s highest honor for animal braver…
GREENVILLE, S.C. (WSPA) – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. visited Greenville on April 30, 1967, nearly a year before his death. His visit was p…