Explosion, fire destroys Sapphire Valley Country Club in Jackson Co.

Sapphire Valley Country Club fire
Credit Blue Ridge Public Safety

JACKSON Co., NC (WSPA) – The Sapphire Valley Country Club was destroyed by an explosion and fire over night.

Blue Ridge Public Safety, a security guard service, said the fire started around 11 p.m. Monday.

They say an officer arrived just before the explosion.

He was getting out of his vehicle and was pushed back inside the vehicle by the explosion that was reportedly felt by people as far as 10 miles away.

Two firefighters were knocked to the ground by the force of the blast, according to The Sylva Herald.

The newspaper reports the fire was caused by propane tank explosion.

Firefighters from the local community, as well as Macon County and South Carolina helped battle the blaze.

A boil water advisory has been issued for the area, according to the fire department.

There were no reported injuries.

Sapphire Valley Country Club fire
Credit Blue Ridge Public Safety

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s