Dryer fire damages Spartanburg home

SPARTANBURG, SC (WSPA)–The Red Cross is helping a family after an early morning fire Thursday. It happened on Worden Drive.

According to Scott Garrett, Fire Chief of the Westview Fairforest FD, the call came in at 4:46am. Someone in the home saw the dryer on fire.

The family started to evacuate as the fire alarms sounded. Four departments responded including Westview, Spartanburg City, Poplar Springs and Roebuck.

Two adults and 2 children live in the home.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s