VERNON, CA (WCMH) — A California manufacturer is recalling more than 54,000 pounds of chicken products that may have “extraneous materials, specifically bone.”
The US Dept. of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service announced the recall Saturday. Overhill Farms Inc. has received consumer complaints involving bone found in the product. There are no confirmed reports of injuries or adverse reactions.
The frozen chicken bites were produced on Aug. 30, 2016, Feb. 1, 2017, Feb. 9, 2017 and April 25, 2017 and were distributed nationwide.
The following products are subject to recall:
- 3-oz. boxes containing “yummy spoonfuls chicken carrot bites,” with “Best Before” dates of 02/01/18, 02/09/18 and 4/26/2018.
- 3-oz. boxes containing “yummy spoonfuls chicken sweet potato bites,” with “Best Before” dates of 02/01/18 and 02/09/18.
- 3-oz. boxes containing “yummy spoonfuls chicken broccoli bites,” with “Best Before” dates of 08/30/17, 02/20/18 and 4/10/18.
- 30-lb. bulk cases containing Overhill Farms brand “FULLY COOKED ORGANIC CHICKEN BROCCOLI BITES CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE PATTY,” with case code 320422 and packaging date 08/30/16.
- 30-lb. bulk cases containing Overhill Farms brand “FULLY COOKED ORGANIC CHICKEN CARROT BITES CHICKEN PATTIES WITH CARROTS AND CAULIFLOWER,” with case code 320460 and packaging date 02/09/17.
- 30-lb. bulk cases containing Overhill Farms brand “FULLY COOKED ORGANIC CHICKEN SWEET POTATO BITES CHICKEN PATTIES WITH SWEET POTATOES, QUINOA & PEAS,” with case code 320430 and packaging dates 02/09/17 and 04/25/17.
More stories you may like on 7News
Warning of “holy hell” to pay if the president fires Attorney General Jeff Sessions, a top Senate Republican is working to prevent the poten…
Spartanburg Police Officer James Price was “caught” changing a stranded mom’s tire at a gas station.
Deputies say because the woman had completed a scent preservation kit about two and a half years ago, she was able to be found in less than …
A man accused of drunkenly strolling down a road in Maine wearing a black-hooded sweatshirt and a clown mask and brandishing a machete taped…
They want to get the word out that they will be canvassing the Idlewood Subdivision located in Spartanburg County Thursday evening around 5p…