SPARTANBURG, SC (WSPA) – Firefighters say overheated air conditioning motors were to blame for smoke odor at Spartanburg Medical Center.
A smoke smell was reported on several floors in the building and firefighters worked to find the cause.
Power to Spartanburg Medical Center has also been restored after officials say they lost power around 11:00am.
Hospital staff are currently making sure all equipment is functioning properly.
The hospital did have to divert trauma patients to other area hospitals during the outage.
Generators at the hospital were turned on during the outage, so power was not fully lost.
No existing patients were moved due to the outage.
We will update this story as more information becomes available.