SPARTANBURG, SC (WSPA) – Fire and HAZMAT crews are responding to an incident at a Spartanburg assisted living facility.
Departments responded Wednesday afternoon to White Oak Estates at 400 Webber Road.
Spartanburg Fire Chief Marion Blackwell says an employee was mixing two cleaning chemical which caused fumes.
The chemicals were bleach and a mild cleaning acid, according to Fire Marshal Brad Hall.
Two workers became nauseous and they had to evacuate the kitchen.
One of the employees was taken to the hospital for evaluation.
“As a reminder, it is generally a bad idea to mix any household or industrial chemicals together. Ensure you have adequate ventilation when using any cleaning chemical, and use chemical resistant gloves and eye protection when using any acids or other hazardous products,” said Hall.