– The Anderson Jockey lot will be having a viewing party for the eclipse. Special eclipse sunglasses can be purchased for $2. The eclipse should start around 1:09 p.m. and peak at 2:37 p.m. in Anderson.
– Green Pond Landing at Lake Hartwell in Anderson Co. (7News event)
Camp Croft State Park:
– “Paddle the Eclipse” from 1-4 p.m. and for ages 10 and up. Ages 16 and up will have to pay $2 to enter the park.
– 7News event – “Eclipse Over Clemson” South Campus Green outside the Watt Family Innovation Center on Campus.
– ‘Tailgazing” at the Snow Family Outdoor Fitness and Wellness Center at Clemson University. Event opens at 10 a.m. and goes until 6 p.m. where 900 spots will be open for people to park their cars and watch the sky black out. To purchase a spot visit http://www.clemson.edu/science/departments/physics-astro/news-events/eclipse.html
– Noon – 3 p.m. at the Greer City Park for food and entertainment before the sky goes dark. First 1,000 guests get a free pair of eclipse viewing glasses. Admission is free.
– 1. 7New event at Roper Mountain Science Center (SOLD OUT EVENT)
– An eclipse festival at the Furman Paladin Stadium from Noon to 2 p.m. will be held. The eclipse happens at 2:38 p.m. so be ready and if there is inclement weather, the event will be moved the the Bon Secours Wellness Arena in downtown Greenville.
– Johnson Farms on New Cut Road will be having a viewing party, so bring the family and the picnic lunch. Eclipse viewing glasses will be available for purchase.
– Eclipse Over Pickens County will be held at Southern Wesleyan University. Gates open at noon. Complimentary safety glasses will be given out to first 6,000 people on a first-come, first serve basis. Parking also available on a first-come basis. Premium parking available for $10.
– Duke Energy World of Energy education center. Events start at 10 a.m. 7812 Rochester Highway Seneca, South Carolina 29672
– “Battlefield Blackout” is from 2 – 3 p.m.at Ware Shoals School District 51 located at 56 S Greenwood Ave, Ware Shoals. Free viewing glasses will be provided and the event is free.
– The city is opening up the South Bibb St. Property (Rodeo Ground) at 1 p.m. The City is expecting 200 pairs of “eclipse glasses” to be delivered soon and these will be available to the first visitors on that day.
Woodside Park, Fountain Inn:
– Bring your blankets and lawn chairs to the park. Food vendors, sweet treats and free viewing glasses will be given out.