Here is a list of recommended items for your hurricane preparation kit, according to SC Emergency Management.
- South Carolina Hurricane Guide
- Flashlight(s) with extra batteries
- Portable radio with extra batteries
- Extra charger for your mobile devices
- NOAA Weather Radio
- Non-perishable food for a least 3 days
- Bottled water (2 gallons per person per day)
- First Aid Kit with prescription medications
- Bedding and clothing for each family member
- Blankets and towels
- Plastic dishes / eating utensils
- Rain jackets / pants
- Sunscreen / sunglasses / mosquito repellent
- Baby supplies (food, diapers, medication)
- Pet supplies (food, leash & carrier, vaccination records)
- Sanitary supplies
- Toothbrush, toothpaste
- Soap, shampoo and personal hygiene items
- Copies of important documents
- Driver’s license, Social Security car, proof of residence, insurance policies, wills, deeds, birth and marriage certificates, tax records, medical records, family pictures, etc.
- Cash, enough to full up your vehicle with gas
An Upstate oil and gas company is doing it’s par to help victims in Puerto Rico. Dearybury Oil and Gas, Inc is supplying five million gallon…
Hurricane Nate has made landfall at the mouth of the Mississippi River as a Category 1 storm with winds of 85 mph (74 kph).
Hurricane Jose will turn extra-tropical or basically into a Nor’easter as it impacts the East Coast with rip currents and some rain for sout…
Hurricane Maria intensified into a potentially catastrophic Category 5 storm Monday as it surged toward islands in the eastern Caribbean, an…
Hurricane Maria grew into a Category 3 storm on Monday as it barreled toward a potentially devastating collision with islands in the eastern…
Hurricane Irma is already being blamed for nearly $2 billion in insured losses in Florida and the amount is expected to keep rising.
A depression formed Saturday in the Atlantic Ocean and strengthened into Tropical Storm Maria, according to the National Hurricane Center.
Spartanburg Co. School District 3 has scheduled Feb. 19, 2018 as a make up day for September 11.
Two days later, they came back and attached it to a piece of wood, so Tybee residents could see it as they came home.
Country superstar Kenny Chesney, who has a home in St. John, and the Flora-Bama are assisting the U.S. Virgin Islands in the aftermath of Hu…
NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER UPDATES
- No current storm in NHC Atlantic Wallet 1No current storm in NHC AT1 as of Wed, 17 Jan 2018 21:13:05 GMT