6 Wofford students burned in grill accident

SPARTANBURG, SC (WSPA)– Six students were burned in a gas grill accident on the campus of Wofford College.

According to a spokesperson for the college, four of those students are at the Joseph M. Still Burn Center in Augusta. The accident happened at a house on the campus’ Greek Row Thursday night.

The students were using a gas grill and placed an aerosol can too close to the grill. The can exploded.

Two of those students were treated for minor injuries at Spartanburg Medical Center.

The 4 students taken to the Augusta Burn Center all had surgery Friday morning.

Check back for updates.